Wardens of Malorne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardens of Malorne

A place for the Wardens of Malorne to relax

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recurring events

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Naurion

Naurion

Recurring events Empty
PostSubject: Recurring events   Recurring events Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 pm

I got this idea as I was thinking about the monthly event of Moonrise, as organized by the Shadow Sentinels. It is a regularly recurring event, open to (mainly) all Kaldorei. It is IC a way to act out our people's devotion to Elune, and OOC a way for unrelated characters to meet.

I think it would be immensely fun if we were able to do something similar, hopefully together with other Night Elven guilds.

To do something every month would perhaps be a bit overkill (and a bit difficult to manage as long as we're still quite few), but to make recurring events that happen several times a year should be possible.

I suggest, concurrent with the nature of our guild, that the events are of a more spiritual or religious nature. That would allow us to ritualize parts of them, give an easily repeatable structure (consider the liturgy of most christian churches, for example).

The events should be held at some appropriate place, possibly different plcaes for different times of year but each seasonal event should be held in the same place. Ideally it should be a place where people could see us, but as that would invariably draw attention from griefers perhaps we could start with, say, a gathering in a public place and then march to the final location (this directly stolen from another event in this subforum, by the way).

The event should start with a ritual, a short sermon (short, and I mean short) and a nice, spectacular finale of some sort, and continue with a social "party" (dancing, anyone?). The Moonrise usually consists of sitting still listening to a longish speech and then standing still gazing at the horizon. While certainly filled with appropriate ambience, it doesn't exactly encourage social interaction.

Theme? As the Kaldorei are a people in tune with nature, I would suggest that we simply attach the events to some of the official seasonal events, particularly the ones with a more "natural" theme. My suggestions:
Lunar Festival (obviously), Midsummer Fire Festival, Harvest Festival and either Hallow's End or Winter's Veil.
We could do it on either the first or last weekend of said festivals (the last is possibly best, since most people would have completed the seasonal quests and achievments by then, and those who haven't could use our event to gang up for one last round).

I've read through the other suggested events in this subforum, and I think all of them are interesting. I would like to hear about how they turned out, if they did indeed turn out at all. If they went well we should definitely make them reoccur, and if not we could use them as inspiration.

Also, I think these events should be at least almost exclusively Kaldorei, with the exception of friendly Draenei. If we can actually get a majority of the other Night Elf guilds on Moonglade to hop on the boat, perhaps we could even establish this as a tradition Very Happy

OK. If you managed to survive this wall of text, please make comments and suggestions!

/N
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&
Lysistratae

Lysistratae

Recurring events Empty
PostSubject: Short reply   Recurring events Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:57 pm

How about a monthly hunt? To keep animal numbers stable, wipe out corruption and ease of the stress Malorne is giving our characters.

Ritualised hunting seems like a nice little get together thing.

At the same time, it opens the window to share the happening around our guild and such.

I suggest areas like Teldrassil, Darkshore and Ashenvale.
I like Ashenvale for serveral reasons. Nice forest, good rest sites, orc killing, pretty colours.
Back to top Go down
http://duskdiamond.deviantart.com/
Naurion

Naurion

Recurring events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recurring events   Recurring events Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:00 am

I agree completely Smile

Actually, it could be a good idea to do this in different locations each time (out of the three you suggested, that is). The only possible disadvantage I can think of with doing it on Teldrassil and in Darkshore is that many newbie quests are hunting quests, as in "kill such and such number of this beast" or "bring me so and so many animal parts", which means that if we go killing stuff there we'd actually be getting in the way of newbies.

This is not me saying "Bad Idea!", but rather trying to see all sides of the situation. The counter-argument for what I just said is obviously that we'd only be doing it once a month, and if we do it right it just might be a bonus for those who come across us.

Three thoughts:

We should come up with a brief ritual, a short prayer or something else that makes it a ritual hunt rather than just a group hunt. (yes, I'm thinking about the prayer for the prey from "Avatar")

What to do with the spoils? We will get meat, skin and assorted other goodies. Put in guild bank, keep individually or perhaps even give away to newbies as an "offering"?

What time of the month? According to lunar phases (as in "first saturday after new / full moon") or a specific week each month (as in "third weekend")?

However, I still think it would be fun to organize some sort of recurring event on a somewhat larger scale, if for no other reason than that it seems appropriate for our guild to observe holidays in our own style.

/N

Last edited by Naurion on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speling erors & typoos)
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Recurring events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recurring events   Recurring events Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Lysistratae wrote:
How about a monthly hunt?

Making new thread for this.

/N
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recurring events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recurring events   Recurring events Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recurring events
Page 1 of 1