Wardens of Malorne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardens of Malorne

A place for the Wardens of Malorne to relax

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monthly hunt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Naurion

Naurion

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Lysistratae wrote:
How about a monthly hunt? To keep animal numbers stable, wipe out corruption and ease of the stress Malorne is giving our characters.

Ritualised hunting seems like a nice little get together thing.

At the same time, it opens the window to share the happening around our guild and such.

I suggest areas like Teldrassil, Darkshore and Ashenvale.
I like Ashenvale for serveral reasons. Nice forest, good rest sites, orc killing, pretty colours.

I felt this suggestion needed its own thread. I also feel that if we want to do this, we should get it under way as soon as possible. Please discuss, and if you like it, make suggestions as to time and place.

At this point in time I don't think we have any members who are of so low a level as to be excluded from Ashenvale, so I suggest we do our first hunt there. As for time: I suggest doing it on a weekend, as I would guess most people would be able to attend. Right now it's a new moon (IRL, that is). By next weekend the moon will be in its first quarter. We could either speed things up and do it then (which would coincide with the Moonrise event of the Shadow Sentinels), or wait for the weekend after next full moon (first weekend of May).

One site for lunar phases

Another site for lunar phases

Of course, we dont have to adapt to lunar phases, that's just a bit of fun I came up with. We could just select a weekend, say, first weekend of the month or so, and stick with it.

Also, we need to come up with some sort of rilualized frame to this. I would suggest a very short opening statement (sermon, communion prayer, that sort of thing) made by one of the senior guild members. Then whoever makes a kill can make a /pray emote at the corpse. The event can then end with another short finishing statement.

Finally, the question about what to do with the spoils of the hunt. We will get meat drops, and if we have skinners in the party (and we really should) we will get a lot of leather. What do we do with this? I see three options: Let the skinners keep it (not what I would suggest), put it all in the guild bank for leatherworkers to use (better, assuming we have some sort of ground rules about withdrawing from the bank), or simply give it away to random low level characters (this could be a sort of ritualized offering).

/N

Last edited by Naurion on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum)
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&
Lysistratae

Lysistratae

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:12 pm

I think we need to direct the others to the forum. Get them looking this up.

Other than that, we could surely get a little event going.
Back to top Go down
http://duskdiamond.deviantart.com/
Naurion

Naurion

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Lysistratae wrote:
I think we need to direct the others to the forum. Get them looking this up.

Other than that, we could surely get a little event going.

Agreed! Can we simply mail an OOC letter to guildies ingame? I usually see only a couple of members online at any given time... An IC guild meeting would be nice, to begin with.

/N
Back to top Go down
Kalandu Thornroot

Kalandu Thornroot

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:33 pm

I like the idea alot! Any news to this?
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Not yet, but we have had a string of unfortunate absences (myself included) for a while now. Hopefully, with a couple of new members and such, we will be able to get it under way.

Do you have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Kalandu Thornroot

Kalandu Thornroot

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:52 pm

I like the thought of using lunar phase for it but since the moon is always full in-game (Correct me if I'm wrong) I think it's better to have a recurring date when it happens.

Sundays are the best day by far so my suggestion is to hold it on Sundays the week after Moonrise (first Sunday of the month). The main event should take place between 21-22 with possibility to continue for those who like to stay up late. Wink

As for the event itself here are some thoughts

* In order to add some variation I think that the hunt should take place in a different location each time, like different parts of Ashenvale to start with so that every event is unique and can connect to the lore of the location.

* An introductory sermon is good, this helps build the feel and allow stragglers to arrive a bit late and not miss the action. I think we should start with retelling tales of the area we are going to enter to give a feel to the lands we visit. People should also be activated during the sermon in some way so they aren't chatting away in other channels and instead can contribute to the scene.

* The object of the sermon could be that one participant is selected, either beforehand or selected during the sermon by an elder. This person would be known as "The Stag" during the hunt and act as a sort of hunt leader like the dog for a fox hunting session that everyone follows.

* As the Stag rides ahead to the location of the hunt, the other participants follow closely wherever the Stag leads them, symbolizing the way Malorne knows the way for us all. (This may also symbolize the hunt for the White Stag as told by the Tauren)

* Upon arrival to the area we are performing the hunt in, the Stag selects a spot to stop in and all participants then surrond the Stag in a big circle. The circle symbolizes Elune watching over all of us and of her consort, Malorne, that the Stag represents.

* In the Circle the sermon is finished in some cool way, including all participants and the symbolic joining of Elune and Malorne to bless the lands. After this, the hunt begins for any animals or demons or whatever takes places either together as one group or through the whole area. Skinners skin everything they can and everyone loots everything they get a hold of.

* When an elder yells that the culling of corruption is enough. Everyone gathers and presents any good items found, leather and valuables and offers them to the Stag. This to represent our service to Malorne.

* The Stag passes the offerings to the Guild banker if there is one. From the leather, our leatherworkers should be able to make armour kits and other stuff for the guild.

...these are just a basic scenario. Feel free to add to it or suggest something else.
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Nice ideas Smile I like the idea of starting with a story. We might get some people who come just for that and don't want to go hunting.
Sundays are good for me too.
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 pm

I agree with Kalandu on this.

Different parts of Ashenvale = great idea. This should be possible to continue even after Cataclysm hits...

Storytelling = always a good idea. There's lots of places in Ashenvale with a history, lore can be found (or. for that matter, fabricated / adapted from IRL legends where absent).

I like the idea about somebody representing the White Stag, particularly the tie-in to Shu'halo mythology. Since this is intended to be a often recurring event, we should make the mythological / religious elements clearly present but brief. In order to make things easy for whoever represents Elune & Malorne, there could be a short poem, three or four lines, that are repeated every time.

Kalandu, where you present at the Handmaidens of Elune's fertility ritual this week? They used the Elune / Malorne relation as a central part of that.

/N
Back to top Go down
Kalandu Thornroot

Kalandu Thornroot

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Glad you like the ideas.

The recitation of the same well-written lines on each event is a great idea.

I couldn't make it to the fertility festival unfortunately. Nice to hear they use the Malorne/Elune as the basis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monthly hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly hunt   Monthly hunt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly hunt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wardens of Malorne :: OOC Chat :: Events-
Jump to: