Wardens of Malorne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardens of Malorne

A place for the Wardens of Malorne to relax

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Theramore Fair

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Some time next month (October), there will be a Faire at Theramore Isle. Several of the RP guilds will participate, in different ways.

Some will have stalls where they hang out, RP amongst themselves and with passers-by, and generally sho what it is they do. Others will have more choreographed events scheduled, such as parades by the Mithril Guard.

The event will take place on sunday 17th, 19.00 - 22.00.

I believe Drázill has signed us up for a stall just by the archery range. Are we interested in doing this?

I will attend the Handmaidens' stand as Leiandrea, but I assume that I will be able to hop over and participate a bit as Naurion as well. There are, after all, other participants with alts in more than one guild...

/N
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:58 pm

A few weeks left, but we really should talk about this.

Meet IC soonish? How about next tuesday, Astranaar?

/N
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Okay...
I'd like to draw everyones attention to the importance of this thread...
The Theramore Faire will be one of the biggest multi-guild events to have happened on Moonglade...If it goes to plan...
But I would not like to see the Wardens unprepared...

I've had an idea on what we can do at it...Something simple...but very friendly and welcoming in my opinion...

Cook...There's nothing better than a bowl of finest Kaldorein cuisine!

Now I know this may seem a bit...too easy and unimaginative...
But to be honest guys...I think sticking to something simple will be the key here...
There is going to be a lot of activity at this event...lots of /y and /s and possibly some /1...

Basically I think we should set up two small semi-circles of campfires with Darnassian flags acting as an entrance into our little encampment, with one fire in the centre...Chefs essential...

Please discuss guys...and get back to me on this idea...Wink
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 pm

I can't be on until after 9pm server time on Tuesday, but I'll certainly help out with this. I'll see what ingredients I can stockpile in preparation. How about stocking up on some recipes from the AH as well to sell?
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:58 am

Cooking, sounds like a plan. As long as we can get the mats off the AH, we should be fine. Or is there any in the guild bank?

/N
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:59 am

There are some as far as I know, but to be honest...I see a lot of farming ahead of us...*nods*...

Does anybody have any kaldorein Recipes??...
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 am

These recipes (I will try to link them later) are listed on wowwiki as sold by Kaldorei vendors or as quest rewards from Kaldorei quests:

Kaldorei Spider Kabob

Big Bear Steak

Lean Venison

Hot Wolf Ribs

Monster Omelet

Charred Bear Kabobs

Juicy Bear Burger

Baked Salmon

Lobster Stew

Mightfish Steak

I have some of them, will try to get others.

/Naurion

Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Okay folks...As it stands those guilds attending the event are as follows..

• Clockwork Committee

• Light of Argus

• Vindication

• Handmaidens of Elune

• Ebon Flame

• Quill and Broken Bottle

• Rainhold Crew

• Shadow Sentinels

• Rhyme and Punishment

• Mithril Guard

• Wardens of Malorne

• Ironforge Theatre Co.

• Glitterclink Trading Co.

So as you can see, this is a pretty big deal...
We are each being appointed time slots to perform some unique piece...as well as our cooking that will be provided...
I was thinking, some sort of demonstration. Be it military, religious or otherwise...
So any ideas folks...
We have the cooking as our main focus throughout the day...
Perhaps a prayer for Malorne to watch over all attendees in the months ahead?...

Discuss!

I have also included a copy of the map of Theramore itself, showing the location of each of the guilds stalls...The Glitterclink Trading Co. are not present upon the map due to the fact that it is the current unedited map available (Map provided by Serendipity of RnP)

[img]Theramore Fair Theram10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Heh, I just realised how convenient it is for the Light of Argus to be positioned near the stables... there is bound to be somebody there who can take care of their hooves ;-)

/N
Back to top Go down
Leani

Leani

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm

"Single Draenei female seeks blacksmith with grinding wheel to take care of me and my gorgious hooves"

I think they did it op purpopse.. Ah well, atleast we squids have a roof above our horns Smile
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:10 pm

OK, how about this:

A prayer leader and a group of followers. The leader recites a prayer in maybe three verses, and the group repeats the chorus. Then end it with a Tranquility.

/N
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

That sounds absolutely perfect Naurion!

Now...we have to figure out who shall be capable of attending...
I am aware that some of you will have obligations to other guilds...
But please do let me know in this thread...
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Leani wrote:
"Single Draenei female seeks blacksmith with grinding wheel to take care of me and my gorgious hooves"

I think they did it op purpopse.. Ah well, atleast we squids have a roof above our horns Smile

Ah but we don't mind rain - we have aquatic form ;-)
Back to top Go down
Meraniq

Meraniq

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:40 pm

17th october.. dangerous timing - I have it noted down and will try to make sure nothing comes up into it.

So far my attendance is Tentative but i can attend even a bit earlier for the whole duration.

I have a spare guild on this server loaded with Gbank since its transfer from my original server, I am sure I can locate some meat/herbs/what not.

But yeah, farming can be done.

Meraniq has cooking and its not pansy level either me thinks.. not sure from top of my head.

As for the show..

Can be:
How to care for your Moonkins feather. (Lys would be the model Very Happy)

Workshop to proper show-quality cat fur. (a/body could be the model)

Plant a tree and Nature will provide - silly show about how to plant a tree, give it some hug but not just for love but for some silly "scientific" reason etc..

Guess a Herb! - hints given out - White petals with sun-shine (peacebloom), It is wild, grows rough, metal or mud, this plant is Tough! (steel Bloom)

Etc..

-Mer

Back to top Go down
http://thegolden-dragon.deviantart.com
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Now guys...Concerning the Theramore Faire...

After last nights Guild Meeting we have established that we will be situated in front of the Ballista with freedom to roam around it and still be in the vasinity of our stall...

I would like everyone attending to have some form of tale prepared should the need arise that we are to entertain some passers by...Tall tales, myths and legends are perfect for this, but be inventive...Smile
Naurion as gone to the lenghts of preparing a tale of "How Ursoc lost his tail" by converting a similar native american folk tale...This is exactly the type of initiative I would like to see...

The stall must have two people posted at it minimum. This is in order to not miss out on the possibility of new recruits as the Theramore Faire first and foremost is a recruitment event...

If everybody could get back to me concerning their cooking skill it would be fantastic because other than providing a nice cozy patch of grass by a fire to those passing we are also providing food...Nothing like a bit of Kaldorein hospitality! Wink

The final performance will consist of a prayer to Malorne to guide those attending the event through the coming months...I have asked those at the head of the event for a slot at the very end so don't be surprised if this changes on the day guys...:/

If you have any further questions please do leave your replies here...

/Draz
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Drázill Do'Urdan wrote:
If everybody could get back to me concerning their cooking skill it would be fantastic because other than providing a nice cozy patch of grass by a fire to those passing we are also providing food...Nothing like a bit of Kaldorein hospitality! Wink

I am a super duper maxed out cook ;-) I only know a limited amount of recipes, but I'll check the AH for anything else elfy this week that I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:31 pm

I found This, a page about the celtic / druidic god Cernunnos, upon whom (in part) Blizzard has based Cenarius. If I can, I intend to rewrite pieces of it into a lecture about Cenarius... We'll see.

I'll look for books on the subject as well, I think.

/N

Oh, and check out this:

Image of Cernunnos and a suspiciously nelfy-looking female
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:59 pm

OK, I've got something here:

-------

Cenarius is protector of animals and it is he who is the law-sayer of hunting and harvest.

While He is recognized most often through his connection to animals and our own deeply buried, dimly recalled,

instinctual animal natures, Cenarius is also an Eternal of the trees, forests and vegetation.

As Master of the Sacrificial Hunt, His is the life that is given in service of new life. His wisdom is that the old

must pass away to make way for the new.

Cenarius, as Master of the Wild Hunt, who pursues the souls of the evil, is associated with the protection and

continuance of the Land and Nature and the spirits that dwell therein.

it is said that he appears as Guardian of the Realm during times of peril, as he did during the Third War.

We celebrate and honor Cenarius as the Seedling Lord in spring and summer, the light half of the year and as the

Harvest Lord in autumn and winter, the dark half of the year.

He appears in spring as the young Son, child of Elune, embodiment of the budding, growing, greening world.

In summer He is the Leaf-antlered Stag, vibrant, pulsing with life essence, the consort of the White Lady.

It is in autumn, the dying time, that perhaps we see Cenarius most clearly.

He is the sacrificed one, who, wounded unto death begins his journey to the Underworld, returning to the Earth from

which he was born and where he will rest until he is ready to rise once again.

The path to Cenarius is both through the natural world: seeking out the wild places and a deep understanding of the

processes of growth, bounty, decay, rest, and rebirth...

...and through Otherworld journeys to the Emerald Dream of which he is guardian.

A druid will experience this by following the path that disappears over the horizon into the distance and moves

away from the "civilized" world and into the heart of the Wild Wood.

The way of Cenarius is the way of the druid or any person who truly seeks Communion with the Land.

But, we must not forget that Cenarius inherited his stewardship of Nature and the Wild from his father, Malorne the

Waywarder, who we Wardens of Malorne hold sacred, and whose ideals we strive to follow.

-------

Snipped, slashed and rewritten from the link in my previous post. Read and comment, if you can.

/N
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Absolutely fantastic!...I love it!...

Folks...My laptops gone to the Emerald Dream it would seem...
So i will not be at the Theramore Faire this evening...
Please do let me know how you all got on...and if you can take some screenies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Theramore Fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theramore Fair   Theramore Fair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theramore Fair
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wardens of Malorne :: OOC Chat :: Events-
Jump to: