Wardens of Malorne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardens of Malorne

A place for the Wardens of Malorne to relax

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Village life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Naurion

Naurion

Village life Empty
PostSubject: Village life   Village life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:58 am

There's a thread on the wow-eu Moonglade forum that is interesting, linking it:

Village Life

/N
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&
Taressa Treebinder

Village life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village life   Village life Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm

I'd be happy to get involved with this. But it doesn't have to be a village, it could be Darnassus or the Exodar, both are pretty empty. Possible suggestings for towns thouhg coul be; Sentinel Hill, Moonbrook, Eastvale Logging Camp, Darkshire, Kharanos and maybe some of those new ones in Stonetalon.
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Village life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village life   Village life Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, Darnassus would certainly benefit from an infusion of life.

The reason I'd suggest not using any of the starting zones is that you get a lot of less than serious players coming through there, meaning that you run an increased risk of lollers and other disruptive elements. On the other hand, you don't want it to be TOO empty, because one part of the purpose here is to get others interested in roleplaying.

I have myself yet to do any of the quests in Westfall since the Shattering, so I don't know how village life there could look, but it could be a good suggestion.

Stonetalon is a zone that is in even more conflict than Ashenvale, so I'd not suggest trying to play out village life there. Darkshire has a mood I personally enjoy, but not one that would appeal to "normal" village roleplay. If you want to roleplay in a dark, frightening mood with the constant risk of attack and a sense of being under siege, then absolutely. That would be kinda fun, actually... but perhaps a project for later.

Eastvale is unfortunately way too close to Goldshire for comfort, we'd get swamped in lollers within moments.

Hmm... what else...

Ah yes. When we brought this to chat with officials from other guilds, it was suggested that we'd switch location, but as I have thought more about it, I suspect that's a bad idea. It would mean that A: those involved would most likely have to create one extra character for each village (and how many have three spare character slots?), and B: the interval between each village would make it more difficult to maintain story lines and things like that.

Anyway, keep suggestions coming, both here and on wow-eu. Sooner or later we'll get something rolling.

/N
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

Village life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village life   Village life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Ah yes, I meant (but forgot) to ask more about your idea for roleplaying daily life in Darnassus. How do you wish to play that out?

(and, for the sake of discussion, let us keep a mind open towards the other major cities as well, not all of those who expressed interest are of a night elf inclination)

/N
Back to top Go down
Taressa Treebinder

Village life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village life   Village life Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, I don't know, maybe have some masses in the Temple? Some Druids teaching about Nature and such. But what you said about not all of them being Kaldorei I would think cancels this out. A more central village like on of the Human ones may work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Village life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village life   Village life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Village life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wardens of Malorne :: OOC Chat :: Events-
Jump to: