Wardens of Malorne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wardens of Malorne

A place for the Wardens of Malorne to relax

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Festival of Malorne

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Naurion

Naurion

The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 am

This here is a bit of a draft I put together for the opening sermon, have a look?

Quote :
This night, under the bright gaze of Elune, we gather here in the Forest's embrace to celebrate this season of harvest.

We shall go out and collect all the things which Nature provides, be it the flesh and hides of the wild beasts or the herbs of the Forest.

Take only that which presents itself for the taking, and seek no more than what is given. Let nothing go to waste, but skin each kill, pluck each leaf with reverence.

Nature provides for us, and this is our way of showing our deeply felt gratitude.

/naurion
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:51 am

Personally I believe this event should be all about Malorne...
Lets take a step backwards...Elune gets enough praise, this is Malornes Festival...
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Sure, this is just the opening statements and I figured I'd include Elune as it will be in the evening, but suggest a rewrite and we'll use that instead :-)

/N
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I like the general feel of that opening statement Naur. Then I guess we'd split the people into groups and head off to the hunt?

I think we need to work out some more details for the final part of the event as well.
We've got the cowgirl coming - who else is telling stories?
I have a lot of fireworks in the bank we could use if someone can make a launcher.
Will people have the chance to make/trade goods with the things they've harvested?
How will we officially end?

Discuss :-)
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm

It seems that we're mostly agreed (or at least, there are no objections) to do an opening statement and then group up and hunt, yes.

We talked about then gathering at a certain time, to divvy the loot and have a feast. We haven't decided on location for this, but I could well agree to do it in Astranaar.

Certainly we could have time for creating / trading, that would be in the general spirit of things, I think.

I'm not certain I myself have any stories to tell, but if we invite the Druids of the Wild they're bound to have some, as well as the Handmaidens. Anyone else?

I'm thinking we could perhaps have a closing statement or blessing before the trade / feast / storytelling, and let people stay and participate in those things for as long as they can / want to.

/N
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 pm

I can have a story prepared just in case we need something to fill a gap.

Can anyone get firework launchers?

And what time will we start? Once we know that we can start inviting people properly.
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:34 am

I've been thinking quite a bit about it and I'm of the mind that perhaps it may be best left until after the Harvest Festival...
That way we wont have to worry about attendance due to other events, the chance for us all to attending is heightened as we wont be hosting it on a weekday and most importantly it will give us plenty of time to continue planning, get a couple of practice runs sorted and generally tie everything down.

Of course that is if everyone is comfortable with my suggestion?

-Draz
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:21 am

Suits me - but I don't want it to drag out too long if we want to fit in an event at the park in SW as well before Cata.

BTW, I've discovered that the holiday place I'm going to has wifi, so I might be online a bit while I'm away after all Smile
Back to top Go down
Kalandu Thornroot

Kalandu Thornroot

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Sounds like a good idea to place the event when there's not any in-game events going on.
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm

OK, do we have a date set yet?

Perhaps we should have a meeting to plan it out?

/N
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:12 am

OOC meeting next Tuesday 21st Sept at 21:00 to discuss and practice ideas. Our guest will be attending so I would really like if everyone could attend..If not could you please let me know via your status on the Calender...

Just for some ideas on numbers...

-Draz
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:16 pm

I'll do my best to get online but it depends what I'm doing on holiday!
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Damnit, stupid wifi..... The holiday park has really limited connection and has blocked all access to games and streaming video, so I can't get online. I can't even get on the official WoW site! So I won;t be able to get on on Tuesday sorry.
Back to top Go down
Drázill Silverleaf
Admin
Drázill Silverleaf

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Not a problem Kallar...
I'll be posting all topics discussed upon the forum...
Nobody will miss out on anything...Wink

-Draz
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:52 pm

So what happened? Was anything decided?
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:29 am

Postponed, as Drázill is taking time out. I've made suggestions for a meeting of sorts, have a look around the forum and comment.

/N
Back to top Go down
Kallar Moonbreeze
Admin
Kallar Moonbreeze

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 pm

So what's happening with this? We're running out of time now...
Back to top Go down
Taressa Treebinder

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:38 pm

If it's still on we could have it at the Lunar Festival.
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 pm

As you may be aware, we are going to have a guild meeting on the 4/1. Be there, we can talk about future events, plotlines and other things.

/Naurion
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

So, we now have a date for this. Check your in-game calendars plz.

When do we meet and talk about it?

/N
Back to top Go down
Naurion

Naurion

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 am

OK, so. What is the plan? The event is in just under two weeks, and we need to talk about what to do.

/N
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Festival of Malorne   The Festival of Malorne - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Festival of Malorne
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2